SPUG: Two errors I need hashing out

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Tue Jan 15 12:51:48 CST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Susanne Bullo wrote:

> print on closed filehandle main::FILE at sunday line 61.

Make sure the open() call succeeds first.

  open(...) || die "Oh dear...";

> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate entry '127' for key 1 at sunday
> line 79.

Find out what that fatal query really is (print it, debug it, whatever).

N.B. - When inserting code samples into your postings to the list, please
try to retain the original format. Your code is arriving (for me at least)
with all lines flush left and some long lines broken into two. Attaching
the relevent text as a file will usually be easier to read and follow
(this is where several people will tell me I'm wrong).

If, on the other hand, this is how your code is formatted...

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org