SPUG: Extreme Programming Meeting Thursday (2/14)

Asim Jalis asimjalis at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 11:57:44 CST 2002

EXTREME PROGRAMMING MEETING

TOPICS

Spend Valentine's day with the methodology you
love :-)

We'll do another fishbowl discusssion about XP
issues, continuing our never-ending group
conversation. Come prepared with your biggest XP
issues and we'll discuss them and see if we can
solve the world's problems, one baby step at a
time.

Some questions to consider:

  - Refactoring: When should you refactor instead
    of doing a rewrite?

  - User Interface Issues: The Beck versus Cooper
    debate. Are there any advantages to designing
    the user interface before writing the first
    line of code?

Feel free to post more here.

Also for first part of the meeting I will demo
Eclipse, IBM's new open source IDE which contains
refactoring support and makes it easy to add more.
This shouldn't take very long, but might be a good
way to segue into the refactoring discussion.

DATE AND SCHEDULE
   Thursday, February 14, 2001 (second Thursday of
   the month).
   6.30 pm - 7.00 pm : Pizza + Networking.
   7.00 pm - 9.00 pm : Presentations and Q&A.

LOCATION
   Suite 100, Lante's Main Conference Room
   3180 139th Avenue SE
   Bellevue, WA 98005
   425.564.8800 (main desk)

DIRECTIONS

I have refactored the directions into two parts.
First, how to get to 139th Ave SE (which depends
on which interstate you use) and then how to get
to 3180 which should be same for all cases:

STEP 1: How to get to 139th Ave SE

>From I-405 South (going towards I-90) from
Bellevue, Redmond.

- Take exit 10 for Coal Creek Parkway and turn
  LEFT at the light as you get off the ramp onto
  Coal Creek Parkway.
- Turn LEFT at Factoria Blvd (128th Av SE).
- You will cross I-90 by going under it.
- Turn RIGHT onto Eastgate Way SE, immediately
  after crossing I-90.
- Take a LEFT at the light onto 139th Ave SE.

>From I-405 North (going towards I-90) from Renton.

- Take exit 10 for Coal Creek Parkway and turn
  RIGHT at the light as you get off the ramp onto
  Coal Creek Parkway.
- Turn LEFT at Factoria Blvd (128th Av SE).
- You will cross I-90 by going under it.
- Turn RIGHT onto Eastgate Way SE, immediately
  after crossing I-90.
- Take a LEFT at the light onto 139th Ave SE

>From I-90 West (going towards I-405) from
Bellevue, Issaquah, Redmond.

- Take the 161st Ave SE/156th Ave SE/150th Ave SE
  exit (exit 11).
- Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp.
- Keep RIGHT at the fork in the ramp.
- Turn LEFT onto SE Eastgate Way.
- Turn RIGHT onto 139th Ave SE.

>From I-90 East (going towards I-405) from Seattle,
Mercer Island.

- Take the Richards Road exit (exit 10).
- Take a LEFT at the light off the exit ramp onto
  Richards Rd.
- You will drive under I-90 crossing it.
- Take the first RIGHT onto SE Eastgate Way.
- Take a LEFT at the light onto 139th Ave SE

STEP 2: How to find 3180 on 139th Ave SE

- Drive past the turn for SE 32nd St.
- 3180 will be the first building on your RIGHT.
- You will notice a parking entrance into the
  building on your RIGHT.
- Drive into it and then drive up the parking
  garage to the top (the 4th floor) which has
  uncovered parking.
- Park anywhere (parking is free).
- The building entrance should be straight ahead
  and there will be signs pointing to the XP
  meeting.

http://greetings.yahoo.com

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org