SPUG: flip-flops

Colin Meyer cmeyer at helvella.org
Mon Feb 11 14:18:16 CST 2002

Hi Michael,

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 02:47:36PM -0500, Michael R. Wolf wrote:

> I've finally figured out the difference between .. and ...,
> but don't have a good example.  The bad (contrived) example
> I have is below.  It shows that the flip-flop could turn off
> on the same line that turned it on.

Or you could say:
The difference is that ... will never return '1E0', whereas .. might.
Which is to say that ... disallows both edge conditions (switching from
one state to the other) from happening within a single evaluation.

The example program I posted the other day illustrates this
nicely, with similarly contrived data.  ;-)

Have fun,
-C.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org