SPUG: Stupid Ascii question

Peter Darley pdarley at kinesis-cem.com
Thu Aug 15 13:07:04 CDT 2002

Jerome,
    I thought I might get this question.  The reasons are:

        I don't want deleted stuff in the real table, growing indexes and
potentially slowing down queries etc.

	  If the deleted stuff stays in the original table there is a good chance
that there will be collisions with primary keys or other unique constraints
if something similar is added back in in the future.

        I want to be able to put all deleted stuff into one table, rather
than having one 'deleted' table for each real table I have.  If I can pack
everything into a string the table doesn't need to match because all the
data goes into one field.

Thanks,
Peter Darley