SPUG: Closing SPUG-list

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-spug at ladro.com
Tue Apr 9 03:17:41 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 08:31:07PM -0700, Tim Maher wrote:

> I've just determined that those using the "mutt" mailer have an even
> easier option; they can just force a change to their "From:" string,
> while working on any system, to the SPUG-subscribed address using this
> syntax in .mutt/muttrc:
>
> 	my_hdr From: Tim Maher <tim at timmaher.org>
>
> Or, for those who arrange for their incoming SPUG mail to flow into a
> special folder:
> 	folder-hook /home/tim/SPUG my_hdr From: Tim Maher <tim at timmaher.org>

That works or the 'set' notation.  From my ~/.muttrc:

  set envelope_from=yes
  set spoolfile=~/Maildir/
  mailboxes !spug
  folder-hook spug set from=\"Chris Wilkes <cwilkes-spug at ladro.com>\"
  set editor="/usr/local/bin/vim -c 'set textwidth=72'"

folder-hooks are extremely handy. I had to set the envelope_from equal
to 'yes' or else my return-path is set to just 'cwilkes at ladro.com' which
screws up Qmail's ezmlm mailing list admin tool.
Setting vim's column length to 72 is also very handy.  That combined
with mapping the F1 key in my .exrc (vim script) to Text::AutoFormat has
made Mutt my favorite mail client.

Chris

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org