SPUG: Re: SPUG Spam (was Shemales and Transsexuals !!!)

Richard Anderson richard at richard-anderson.org
Mon Apr 8 10:35:10 CDT 2002

Tim, one reason that SPUG is getting spammed may be that the address
spug at seattleperl.org is listed our address on the SPUG web page.  The
spammers use robots that crawl the web and collect e-mail addresses for
their lists.  If you want to reduce our spam, take all e-mail addresses off
the page and replace them with a form and CGI script.

If the e-mail list postings are archived on a web page, this may also be
part of the problem.

Cheers,
Richard
richard at richard-anderson.org