SPUG: Re: Need a running start with PERL

Rebecca L. Schmidt beckyls at u.washington.edu
Thu Apr 4 13:23:41 CST 2002

The University of Washington offers a Certificate Program in Perl
Programming that may be of interest to you.  It isn't a crash-course --
but perhaps after taking a short course you'll get hooked and want to
learn more!

This hands-on evening three-course program is designed for professionals
working in a variety of fields who want to gain an in-depth knowledge of
Perl and to practice its use. The program begins twice a year -- in the
fall and again in the winter.

The instructors are experts in the field, and they also belong to this
list: Joel Grow (Amazon.com), Doug Treder (Amazon.com), Brian Aker
(Open Source Development Network) and Keith Reed (Philips Medical
Systems).

You can find current program information via the following URL. Upcoming
program information will be posted online in June.

http://www.outreach.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/per/per_main.asp

If you have any questions about the program please don't hesitate to
contact me.

Best regards,

Rebecca Schmidt
Academic Programs