SPUG: Looking for New Meeting Place

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Fri Sep 14 12:54:01 CDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 10:17:59AM -0700, El JoPe Magnifico wrote:
> Too far from highway access?  I debate both the validity of that
> statement, and its validity as a reason.  As long as Metro goes
> near it, that should be sufficient.  Can we get list of arbitrary
> restrictions _before_ suggestions get sat upon, please?
<SNIP>
>   -jp

We've been through several relocations in our 3 year history, and
easy highway access was always listed by the members as an important
consideration.  (Sadly, all SPUGsters aren't willing to ride their
bikes or take three buses to get to our meetings. 8-})

So there was nothing arbitrary about my focus on this factor, despite
my coy phrasing of it as an "IMHO" factor.  FYI, I'm attaching a
copy of the "venues desiderata" file assembled through a member survey
last time we went through a relocation.

> Are there any options on UW's campus?

Perhaps; can somebody with connections there look into this?

-Tim
|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.             Tel: (206) 781-UNIX    |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com  |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group    HTTP: zipcon.net/spug   |