SPUG: Looking for New Meeting Place

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Fri Sep 14 09:51:02 CDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 07:18:48AM -0700, Jay Scherrer wrote:
> Earlier, I had sent a notice to Spug: Phinney Neighborhood Center

That message bounced back to me (due to a bad word in the Subject),
and after I talked to those guys I decided not to forward the message
to the group.

> opening up a new technology center. Maybe they will allow Spug to be
> held there some times? Plenty of parking, Large rooms.
> Jay

When I talked to them, they said they weren't ready to accept any
"lodgers" yet, and that their rooms were very tiny (but maybe they were
talking about different rooms than you?)  But more importantly they're
too far from highway access, IMHO, to be a suitable site for SPUG.
But thanks for keeping your eyes open!

-Tim

> Richard Anderson wrote:
> >
> >I'd suggest contacting the Seattle Vocational Institute on First Hill (
> >http://sviweb.sccd.ctc.edu/ ).  Randy Bentson has a contact there.  They are
> >hosting SeaSlug and seem to be interested in hosting computer user groups.
> >They have plenty of space.

I sent them an Email, and am waiting for a reply.

--
| Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix        (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org