SPUG: Re: SPUG 9/18, room, AV, and Andy

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Thu Sep 13 13:59:08 CDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 11:44:20AM -0700, Andrew Sweger wrote:
> Okay, I'm starting to get my wits back. I figured out that I have promised
> my services to my mom next week to help her move (and do a bit of work on
> her new place) over in Port Townsend. So, what will this mean for SPUG? I
> won't be in Seattle. The room is reserved, the guard on the first floor
> will have an entry in his calendar that says we have the room (either as
> N2H2, Andrew Sweger, or Perl group) and should unlock the doors for
> someone. On the AV side of things, I don't know of anyone at N2H2 that
> would be available to get the equipment (I'm the only Perl nut left I
> think).  So, there is a very, very low likelihood of having any
> presentation equipment available.

I volunteer to provide the computer projector, and my laptop, configured
to project PDF, HTML, and PostScript and import form 3.5" floppies.  I
won't be bringing any rolling tables or long extension cords like Andy
has done, but we'll figure out some way to hook things up.

> Sorry for the late notice. And I was getting all excited reading the
> meeting announcement. Looking forward to Jim's presentation. I was also
> planning on talking to you next week about the future of N2H2 (or the
> future of Andrew Sweger or the lack thereof). My plans are unclear. But I
> will try to keep you informed as things develop.

Yikes!  Is SPUG on the verge of losing our last ally in N2H2, and perhaps
our meeting place too?  Anybody have an alternate meeting location they
can offer, starting perhaps next Tuesday?

|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.             Tel: (206) 781-UNIX    |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com  |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group    HTTP: seattleperl.com   |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org