SPUG: srvany and Perl service

Martin Korb mkorb at versuslaw.com
Tue Oct 30 13:31:08 CST 2001

I using srvany.exe to install a perl service on win NT.

srvany is installed as the "mainservice" using instsrv mainservice d:\services\srvany.exe

To install movefiles. pl (is does what the name implies, looks at a dir and moves the content to a new dir) as a service,
I did the following (which is not working)

- used regedt32.exe to edit the registry info.

 - created a new folder "Parameters" under                                             HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\mainservice\

- created a new value in Parameters:    AppParameters:REG_SZ:pathname of the movefiles.pl (c:\perl\scripts\movefiles.pl)

 -created a new value in Parameters:    Application:REG_SZ:pathname of perl.exe (c:\perl\bin\perl.exe)

When I restart the "mainservice"  from the control panel nothing happens, meaning no files are moved.
The movefiles.pl is only a testscript to see if I can get the service to work.

What am I doing wrong?  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Martin