SPUG: Did anyone else get TPJ?

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Fri May 25 17:13:19 CDT 2001

On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 07:56:05AM +1000, Damian Conway wrote:

>    > Over 50% of the contributions came from london.pm/belfast.pm (probably
>    > something to do with the amazing 'sales' job Kevin Lenzo did at
>    > YAPC::Europe 2000 :-) ). That's why when Damian visits London he
>    > definitely feels owned!
>
> Washington state was not disgraced, by any means. There were numerous
> significant contributors from the Seattle area and beyond, and the
> SPUG-meister himself, Tim Maher, was (typically) amongst the most
> generous of all my sponsors.

My apologies is I disparaged anyone, it wasn't meant as such. I'd very
much like to be welcome at SPUG again the next time I visit Seattle :-)

> Damian
>
> PS: You're right though about Kevin's amazing European fund-raising
>     efforts on my behalf. I'm not sure what kind of incriminating
>     photographs Kevin had of the UK Perl Mongers in particular,
>     but they must have been very damaging. ;-)

Not sure it was photos, I just think he got writen guarantees whilst
people were out on the Saturday night pub crawl :-) Mr Cross said it
was a historical tour along the Thames, personally I just think it was a
plan to get people so tanked up they'd agree to practically anything!

To get this thread a little back on topic: when will the non mail header
munging version of Text::Autoformat be available?

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org