Eastside-SPUG: Meeting On Wednesday: Perl Tools

JALIS,ASIM (HP-FtCollins,ex1) asim_jalis at hp.com
Tue Mar 27 11:52:15 CST 2001

The next Eastside-SPUG meeting will be tomorrow, Wednesday,
at our usual Avaya location. See below for directions. Also
the meeting will be in the cafeteria the entrance to which
is behind the building. So find and use the back entrance.

TOPICS

    * TECH Q&A

    First we'll have a Tech Q&A where people can ask
    questions about Perl. Questions from all levels are
    welcome. Hopefully this will make the group more useful
    to both beginner Perl programmers as well as to
    advanced ones.

    * Some Tools For Writing Large Perl Programs

    I will demo some Perl tools that I have created whose
    purpose is to make it easier to write large Perl
    programs.

    * Perl Module Browser. This is a simple IDE for Perl
      which hooks into the tags support that both Emacs and
      Vi have. Allows you to have a "package" or a "sub"
      view of your code.

    * Strict Structs and Methods. A simple scheme for
      avoiding errors object field names and in object
      method arguments. For example, if you declare a
      method with 2 arguments and pass it 3, this will
      tell you that. Also, the run-time cost is zero
     (unlike some other solutions to this problem on CPAN).

DATE AND TIME
    Wednesday, March 28, 2001.
    7.00 pm - 9.00 pm
        * Tech Q&A
        * Some Tools For Writing Large Perl Programs

MEETING LOCATION AND DIRECTIONS
    Conference Room
    Avaya, Inc (previously Lucent)
    6464 185th Ave NE
    Redmond, WA  98052-6736

    * Take 520-East to Redmond.
    * Get off the freeway at exit #14 (Redmond Way/Route 202).
    * Keep right on ramp.
    * Turn right onto Redmond Way at light.
    * Turn left onto 185th Ave NE.
    * Drive up a couple of blocks. Look for the Avaya/Lucent
      Building on your right.
    * Find back entrance to cafeteria.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org