SPUG: off topic - the ugly underbelly of consulting

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 18:24:14 CST 2001

* Mark Mertel (mmertel at ix.netcom.com) wrote:

this is all from a UK perspective, so may not be directly useful ...

> on getting some professional liability insurance ?

sometimes professional bodies offer it as part of their `package'

> got a new contract
> requirement which requires it. someone mentioned that 'associations'
> sometimes have a way of offering it because they are a larger group.

i'm assuming my association you mean a group of consultants working
together under an umbrella organisation - in general this sounds like
a scam to me, buy the insurance its best in the long run - so what if
you spend an extra couple of hundred dollars, its worth it - just double
check what you are buying.

sorry if this is not that much use to you,

Greg - London.pm

--
Greg McCarroll                          http://www.mccarroll.uklinux.net

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org