SPUG: Getting the name of the method I'm in

starfire starfire at zipcon.net
Mon Mar 26 15:02:30 CST 2001

I want to access the name of a method from inside the method, so I can
write it to the Apache error log.  For example:

sub my_method() {
   my ($self, $r) = @_;
   my method_name = ??;
   $r->log_error(ref($self)
      . "::${method_name}: Can't open file $file: $!");
}

I don't like hard coding it, in case the code is copied and/or the method
name is changed.  $0 won't give me what I want.

Any suggestions?

--
Richard Anderson, Ph.D.      www.unixscripts.com
Perl / Java / SQL / Unix     Richard.Anderson at raycosoft.com
Raycosoft, LLC               Seattle, WA, USA

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org