SPUG: Perl Conference Update,Discount Extended

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Jun 25 16:59:22 CDT 2001

FYI, for those who don't already know all about this.

-Tim
|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.             Tel: (206) 781-UNIX    |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com  |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group    HTTP: seattleperl.com   |

Fueling the Open Source Alternative
O'Reilly Open Source Convention
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, San Diego, CA
July 23-27, 2001

EARLY REGISTRATION EXTENDED ONE WEEK ONLY!
SAVE UP TO $400 WHEN YOU REGISTER BY MONDAY, JULY 2

CONVENTION UPDATE

Preview: O'Reilly XTech 2001 Conference on XML--
The conference chair, Edd Dumbill, previews O'Reilly's
XTech 2001 Conference, the essential meeting for
XML developers.
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/06/20/xtech2001.html

Microsoft's Mundie Added as Keynote Speaker--
Microsoft Senior Vice President Craig Mundie and
Red Hat CTO Michael Tiemann set the stage for a wide-open
keynote and panel discussion about Microsoft's Shared
Source program and the response from the open source
community, when they square off in this shared source
vs. open source debate.
http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/

Special Screening of Open Source Film --
Come see Revolution OS, a documentary that chronicles the Open
Source movement (free shuttle bus to and from the
theater). The movie screens at 8:00 pm. The filmmaker,
J.T.S. Moore will be on hand for a pre and post show talk.
(Sponsored by Hewlett Packard).

CONVENTION DETAILS

The 3rd annual O'Reilly Open Source Convention,
July 23-27, 2001, at the waterfront Sheraton Hotel and
Marina in San Diego, California.

This year's convention offers over 250 sessions in 16
tracks including Perl, Apache, XML, Python, PHP, MySQL,
Linux, just to name a few. If you're a hard-core system
administrator, programmer, or Web developer, you'll learn
to understand, code, and manage these powerful tools.
Whatever you're looking for is most likely here.

Why attend the O'Reilly Open Source Convention?
Get the latest and the deepest information on what's
new in open source software --Read Tim O'Reilly's
reasons why Open Source is Here to Stay.
http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/tim_letter.html

Make or renew professional contacts, network
with industry colleagues, add new technologies to
your resume--Check out the Convention schedule.
http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/

Vacation with the family in beautiful San Diego --
We've added new events and services to make it easy
for you to attend the Convention and safe for your
family to enjoy San Diego.
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2001/pub/10/see_do.html

Attendee Community Board -
Logon and join other attendees in discussions about the many
See & Do activities at the Open Source Convention. Learn about
the O'Reilly sponsored children's program at Kid's World, San
Diego sites and attractions and more.
http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/board/

======================================
Receive a free T-Shirt save up to $400 when you register
before July 2 --  Register Today!
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2001/create/ord_os01
======================================

Program Highlights
The Perl Conference 5--Where else can you get
together with Perl hackers, learn something useful,
have fun, and change the world? The Camel is back,
this time in San Diego.
http://conferences.oreilly.com/perl/

O'Reilly XTech2001 Conference (New this year, in
association with Graphic Communications
Association)--The O'Reilly XTech2001 Conference
is the perfect setting for a serious technical discussion
between XML developers.
http://conferences.oreilly.com/xml/

PHP Conference--The first ever PHP Conference
brings the community together for sessions and
tutorials designed to explore and strengthen PHP in
the open source space.
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2001/pub/w/os2001/sessions_php.html
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2001/pub/10/php_tutorials.html

The O'Reilly Summit on Open Source Strategies-- Collocated
at this year's Open Source Convention this strategic
summit explores the best practices in collaborative software
development, allowing any organization to utilize widely
distributed network resources. This conference is for
technical managers and technology executives and examines
innovative, open solutions to business problems.
http://conferences.oreilly.com/summit/

Register Now! Visit http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/
for information on what to do in and around sunny
San Diego--Save up to $400 when you register
before July 2!

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org