SPUG: combine Crawler project w/SPUG rewrite project?

Showell30 at aol.com Showell30 at aol.com
Fri Jun 15 16:00:58 CDT 2001

Is the SPUG web page rewrite project still in limbo?

I would like to propose a very modest upgrade to the SPUG web site.  I would
like the same basic content, but instead of having one long page, my ideal
SPUG page would have a pseudoframe on the left with links to various sections
of the page.  The pages would be generated with a lightweight Perl program.
Basically, you'd have small HTML files that were maintained manually, and
then to build the whole page, you'd run a script that would tie in the
pseudoframe and other boilerplate content to all the pages.   The Perl code
to maintain the page would be open source, of course.

I would use the Crawler module to get all the pages from the existing
seattleperl.com.

Thanks,

Steve Howell