SPUG: June Talk: Colin on Databases

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Sat Jun 9 23:08:58 CDT 2001

                     JUNE SPUG TALK

   Title: Database Programming with Perl
 Speaker: Colin Meyer, Helvella

    Time: June 19th, 2001 (Third Tuesday), 7pm-9pm
Location: Union Bank of Cal., Madison & 5th, 5th Floor Mtg Room

    Cost: Admission is free and open to the general public.
        Attendees are encouraged to arrive at the building's 5th &
        Madison door by 6:45pm, which might be locked at other times.

More Info: See http://www.seattleperl.com

Colin Meyer is an acknowledged expert on Perl, database, and CGI
programming, and author of the 3-day training course "Database
Programming with Perl" (see http://www.consultix-inc.com).  He'll
cover the use of the DBI.pm module to connect to popular database
engines, and answer questions from the audience.

NOTE: He gave a similar talk about 2 years ago, when SPUG was still
meeting at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research center.

Parking

We recommend avoiding the parking lot below the Union Bank building,
due to the very hefty fee you'll be assessed if you leave after 9pm.
There are plenty of other parking garages in the vicinity that are
more affordable, and some on-street parking too.

Pre/Post-Meeting Gathering Place

Come and pass the pre-meeting time with other SPUGsters at the
Rock Bottom brewpub, at 1333 5th Ave., (206) 623-3070, in
downtown Seattle.  Look to your left, near the bar or pool table,
for bizarre yet strangely appealing characters wielding laptops
and hearty ales.  Attendees tend to arrive around 6pm, and to leave
for the meeting by 6:40pm.

For more information, including driving directions and street
addresses, see http://www.seattleperl.com

|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.             Tel: (206) 781-UNIX    |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com  |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group    HTTP: seattleperl.com   |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org