SPUG: recommendations for job sources?

Joe Slagel slagel at geospiza.com
Thu Jan 11 11:25:33 CST 2001

> If you go this route you want to be careful in selecting your agency, and
> find one that will take the same care in selecting you. You want an agency
> that takes the time to screen its applicants and find good fits for them as
> opposed to someone whose primary interest is in finding warm bodies to fill
> its job orders.

Good point, I guess I should restate my eariler opinion, and say the you want
to be *really* careful about what agency or agencies you choose to use.  Most
of them are good and can place someone at a good job, but there are ones out
there that are very unreputable.  I think people looking for new positions are
better off just doing a little bit of research and trying to contact companies
directly.   Should a match occur, it's a win-win situtation for both the
employer and job hunter because the employer doesn't have to pay a recruiting
fee, and the job hunter is in more control of the terms and price.

But then again, if you are in a hurry or looking for the quickest way to get a
large number of offers, I guess a recruiting firm is the way to go.

- Joe

--
Joe Slagel
Geospiza, Inc.