SPUG: recommendations for job sources?

Joe Slagel slagel at geospiza.com
Wed Jan 10 18:38:25 CST 2001

Benjamin Franks wrote:

> I'm looking part-time or contract based work in the Seattle area for Perl programming, sys admin, database admin, etc.?  Can anyone recommend good sources for information or listings?  Any particular web-sites, temp/placement agencies, etc.?
>
> Thanks,
> --Benjamin

I'd definitely recommend staying away from temp/placement agencies.  We've had some terrible experiences bringing people on through these agencies.  (Well, we DID have one good experience).

For the most part, they seem to troll monster.com and the like for resumes and then just regurgitate them back to the employers for a 20-40% of a years salary for a finder's fee.

My 2 cents,
Joe

--
Joe Slagel