SPUG: February Eastside-SPUG Meeting: Damian Conway

JALIS,ASIM (HP-FtCollins,ex1) asim_jalis at hp.com
Thu Feb 8 11:50:34 CST 2001

The next Eastside-SPUG meeting, on Wednesday, Feb 21, 2001,
will feature Damian Conway, the author of "Object Oriented
Perl" and numerous delightful CPAN modules.

Damian will answer questions about Perl and other things.
For details and directions to our Redmond meeting place see
below.

The meeting starts at 7pm. Before the meeting at 6pm we
will meet in the Red Robin in the Redmond Town Center. Feel
free to join us.

Here are the details:

TOPIC
    "Everything You Wanted To Know About Perl But Were
    Afraid To Ask" featuring Damian Conway.

    Here are some comments from Damian about this:

    Please bear in mind that I am a "fundamentals" kind
    of guy. There are great swathes of application stuff
    -- like DBI and CGI -- that I (desire to) know next
    to nothing about.

    I will, of course, happily field any questions on
    Perl itself, on my own modules, on OO, on parsing, on
    the Perl 6 initiative, on YAS, on my Perl serfdom, on
    writing and speaking (especially if people are
    interested in submitting something to YAPC), as well
    as trading gossip about various well-known Perl
    personages ;-)

DATE AND TIME
    Wednesday, February 21, 2001.

    6.00 pm - 7.00 pm
        Pre-meeting huddle in Red Robin next to Redmond
        Town Center.

    7.00 pm - 9.00 pm
        Main Event: Ask Damian, at Avaya/Lucent Conference
        Room.

MEETING LOCATION AND DIRECTIONS
    Conference Room
    Avaya, Inc (previously Lucent)
    6464 185th Ave NE
    Redmond, WA  98052-6736

    * Take 520-East to Redmond.
    * Get off the freeway at exit #14 (Redmond Way/Route 202).
    * Keep right on ramp.
    * Turn right onto Redmond Way at light.
    * Turn left onto 185th Ave NE.
    * Drive up a couple of blocks. Look for the Avaya/Lucent
      Building on your right.

DIRECTIONS TO RED ROBIN
    * Take 520-East to Redmond.
    * Get off the freeway at exit #14 (Redmond Way/Route 202).
    * Keep left on ramp.
    * Turn left onto Redmond Way at light.
    * Look for Red Robin on your left.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org