SPUG: How to make a living with perl(.|?)

Adam Monsen meonkeys at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 03:41:55 CST 2001

My 1-year review is coming up, and I wanted to start a candid conversation
on salaries (somewhat in jest, but truly in search of wisdom). Here's how I
determine what I ask for. Please post a similar entry of anything you feel
comfortable sharing.

%current_job = (
  position => 'Perl Programmer, Seattle, WA, USA',
  salary   => '35-45k/yr'
);

@sites = qw( www.salary.com www.dice.com );

@ref_points = map { LWP::Simple->get("${_}?job=perl") } @sites;