SPUG: E-Spug

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Wed Aug 22 13:15:36 CDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 09:24:48AM -0700, Joe Saphiloff wrote:
> Can anybody tell me if talk has started/resumed 'bout this group?

The SHORT VERSION of the story is:

E-SPUG died a natural death due to the indifference of the
East-siders.

The LONGER VERSION of the story is:

After Asim Jalis retired as group leader, nobody
was willing to take over the leadership of the group.
Although there are plenty of Perl'ers on the Eastside, and
the meetings were very well attended when The Damian was
the speaker, there was always trouble recruiting speakers
from the ranks of E-SPUG itself, or getting anybody to put
any energy into running the group.  It might be possible
to revitalize the group if a new leader were to emerge,
perhaps with some variation " of the "vendor as speaker"
model of meeting design ...  if anybody cares enough to
make it happen.

-Tim
|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.             Tel: (206) 781-UNIX    |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com  |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group    HTTP: seattleperl.com   |

--
| Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix        (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org