SPUG: Meeting Tonight!!

mars mars at www.alaskashops.net
Tue Aug 21 17:25:32 CDT 2001

I would love to go to a conversational meeting.  It is about time that we
rise up to the challenge set by the likes of London.pm and NY.pm posed to
perl mongers the world over.  It is time to proove that we can socialize
and network and drink ourselves silly like the rest of them.  :)

I will be there, 7pm at N2H2/fifth avenue?  I hope to see 100's of the
rest of you!  How can we change the world if we don't network and learn
from each other? :)

As far as topics go, I am interested in what types of jobs people are
doing right now - and how much perl is involved in them.  Also, after
recently living through the turmoil of the rise and fall of a dot com, I
am interested in people's experiences in their current place of work.  Are
you working in a large bureaucratic company (and what are the pros/cons of
this) or are you working in a small start up?  and how is your company
fairing in the stormy seas of the current economy?  Since wallets have
been getting tighter at these companies, what are the changes you have
seen in business requirements, job expectations and what do you like or
dislike about the changes?  If you could change your work environment,
what would you change and how would you change it?

And for those of us searching for work, what have you found out there in
the job market?

Cheers, Jennifer

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org