SPUG: File locking with flock and NFS

Thomas Whitney whitneyt at agcs.com
Wed Apr 4 12:13:54 CDT 2001

Greetings SPUG,

I am developing Perl applications where I need to do file locking. These will be
running on SunOS 5.5.1 with a NFS file server. All the books and references I
have researched say that flock will not work with NFS, but none offer any
alternatives. Does anybody know if this is true, and if so what alternatives are
there?

Thanks
Tom

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org