SPUG: Windows Newbie Needs Help

Creede Lambard creede at rrauto.com
Thu Sep 28 13:02:46 CDT 2000

You can use

#!/usr/bin/perl

as your shebang line under Windows if you like. I haven't looked at the code
to be sure, but as far as I can tell Windows just looks for 'perl' in the
line and then starts interpreting switches (like -w).

Usually I just go ahead and use the Unix-style shebang because (1) it's one
less thing to remember and (2) I like to be able to have my scripts run on
either Unix or Windows whenever possible.

Just my $point_zero_two.

-- Creede