SPUG: Re: ActiveState

Richard Anderson starfire at zipcon.net
Thu Sep 14 21:36:58 CDT 2000

Brian, if your joining ActiveState, maybe you can get them to stabilize and
rationalize their web page
(http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/).  My two main whines:

1. They use frames in such a way that I can't bookmark many of their pages.
This is not a problem with frames, it's a problem with incompetent web
authors.  For an example of the right way to do frames, see my home page:
www.zipcon.net/~starfire/home

2. They keep reorganizing the web site and don't bother to leave forwarding
pages at the defunct URL.  It doesn't take much effort to do this.

Richard.Anderson at raycosoft.com
www.zipcon.net/~starfire/home (personal)
www.raycosoft.com (corporate)