SPUG: re: ActiveState, IIS developers

Alyssa Harding axhard2 at uswest.com
Mon Sep 11 19:54:15 CDT 2000

Hey everyone -

I need some help -  I'm trying to port some Perl scripts (simple CGI
apps) to Windows 2000 server (using the Actiand have gotten to the
point with IIS where the scripts execute but I get a 500 server error.

I should say that I am a Perl developer FOR UNIX! I have never (up
'till this morning) had to deal with Microsoft servers at all.

I can't find any useful IIS logs that tell me what headers were
returned by the script - anyone know if that gets logged? (and where?)

The scripts all compile (I checked from the Command Prompt) but still
return the 500 error when run from the browser.

My base question is this: How can I find out why these scripts aren't
working so I can fix them?

Any help you can provide would be wonderful.

Thanks :)

A.
--
Alyssa W. Harding