SPUG: unwanted mail "feature"

Andrew Sweger andy at n2h2.com
Sat Sep 2 13:08:58 CDT 2000

A line that matches the pattern /^From / is considered special by many
email systems (notably, the mbox mail box format). Thus, many systems will
"escape" this pattern with a leading greater than sign (a common quoting
mechanism). Consider changing the wording of the message to avoid this.

--
 Andrew Sweger <andy at n2h2.com>   |  N2H2, Incorporated
 Systems Architect               |  900 Fourth Avenue, Suite 3400

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org