SPUG: Python/Perl

Randolph Bentson bentson at grieg.holmsjoen.com
Thu Oct 26 00:28:19 CDT 2000

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 10:06:25PM -0700, Richard Anderson wrote:
> Randy, without close inspection I am confident that Perl DBI is much more
> powerful than Python's anydbm/msODBC.

I would not be surprised, given the large community which has helped with
the evolution of Perl.  (Given my modest exposure I've had to SQL, I'm
sure there are nicer interfaces --  and DBI may be one of them.  But if
access to an SQL server is all you need, Python's got it already.)

I was only pointing out the hyperbole in Gisle Aas's claim as reported
by Asim Jalis.  If the claim had been merely "Python lacks the modules
I want and here's how I can get at them", I'd have had no cause to comment.

--
Randolph Bentson
bentson at holmsjoen.com

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org