SPUG: WANTED: New E-SPUG Emperor !

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Oct 2 15:15:28 CDT 2000

SPUGsters,

First of all, let's all give a big round of applause to young Ryan
Erwin, for taking on the mantle of E-SPUG Emperor back when nobody else
wanted it, and holding a series of successful meetings on the Eastside
that helped bring Oriental SPUGsters together to revelry in SPUGery.

			!! Hip-Hip-Hooray !!

Unfortunately, Ryan has become overloaded with enticing business
opportunities, executive responsibilities, and stock options 8-},
and will no longer be serving as E-SPUG Emperor.  So I'm soliciting
volunteers to replace him.

Anyone who has convenient access to the Eastside, has attended most
of the E-SPUG meetings in the last year, is willing to lead meetings,
arrange speakers, and otherwise coordinate all things E-SPUGish,
please email me your credentials and plans for the group.

Dave Patterson, our "landlord liaison", tells me that the Lucent
meeting room remains booked through the remainder of the year, so
I'm hoping to enthrone a new Emperor and resume regular activities
with the upcoming October meeting.

|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.           Tel: (206) 781-UNIX        |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com    |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group   HTTP: www.halcyon.com/spug |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org