SPUG: ESPUG November Meeting On Wednesday

Asim Jalis ajalis at cobaltgroup.com
Tue Nov 28 15:55:03 CST 2000

The November meeting of the Eastside Seattle Perl Users Group (ESPUG)
will be this Wednesday, November 29 at 7 pm in Lucent's conference
room. Come at 6.45 pm for coffee and socializing. The talk starts at
7 pm.

Also the doors lock at 7 pm. I'll see if this can be fixed for future
meetings but for this one it would be a good idea to be there on time.
Wear something warm if you are going to be late.

This month:

  * Sanford Morton will talk about using Net::IRC and libwww to create
    IRC bots that can grab and report information off the web (e.g. stock
    quotes).

  * Asim Jalis will talk about how to do large-scale programming in
    Perl. Specific modules I will discuss: Class::Multimethod,
    Class::Struct, Test::Unit. Some points I will address:

    - How to make programming more fun than Vegas style slot machines.
    - How to design objects and keep them changeable using Test::Unit.
    - How to deploy large Perl programs.
    - How to integrate popular CPAN modules into your project without
      tying the project to a specific machine.

DATE AND SCHEDULE

    Wednesday, November 29, 2000
    6.45 pm - 7.00 pm : Coffee + Networking
    7.00 pm - 9.00 pm : Presentations and Q&A.

LOCATION

    Lucent Technologies
    6464 185th Ave NE
    Redmond, WA 98052

DIRECTIONS

    - Take 520 East to Redmond-Fall City Road (last exit before
      end of 520 freeway).
    - Go Right on "Redmond-Fall City Road" (east).
    - Straight through 2 lights then left on 185th Ave (halfway
      up hill, hard left).
    - Go one short block to the top of the hill and the Lucent
      Technologies logo will be plainly visible above the main
      entrance of the building (to the right)
    - If you get to the Fire Station, you have gone a bit too far.

    Doors open at 6:45 and the meeting starts at 7:00.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org