SPUG: Question for somebody

Creede Lambard creede at rrauto.com
Thu Nov 2 12:55:34 CST 2000

If the object is created properly you should be able to undef it or just let
it go out of scope as long as there are no more references to it.

I say "if it is created properly" because I've seen some objects that don't
seem to work this way. For instance there appears to be a memory leak in
Win32::ODBC. Repeatedly creating and destroying Win32::ODBC objects (in my
experience at least) causes your process' memory footprint to creep up a
step at a time. Usually, though, the above will do the trick.