SPUG: Procmail

marlin marlin at 3hats.com
Mon May 29 14:34:29 CDT 2000

Thanks to those who replied so far.

Here is log entry when I send mail to the address in question...

***************************
procmail:
1 at /home/pws_sales_inv/Procmail/grabdata.pl line 9, <> chunk 26.
>From marlingreene at mindspring.com  Mon May 29 11:44:25 2000
 Subject: inventory
  Folder:
/var/spool/mail/pws_sales_inv          1098

***************************

The ref to "line 9, <> chunk 26" is at the "while (<>)"
statement in the Perl script. What seems to be happening is
that the script hiccups at the <> and the mail then is
delivered to standard box for the address.

Any ideas?

Marlin

Andrew Sweger wrote:

> Check your procmail log to see if the pattern is matching at all (is it
> calling the script). Then you can workout if the script is working
> correctly or not. Note that once the message is piped off to your perl
> script, it is considered delivered and no further processing of the
> original message is done in the procmail recipe (unless you set up some
> other settings in the recipe). Also, the output of the perl script is not
> considered by procmail for any processing (can't remember if there's an
> option to enable that, however). Otherwise, your recipe below should work
> as advertised.
>
> On May 26, 2000 @ 6:01pm, marlin wrote:
>
> > Anybody out there know how to make Procmail pipe an imcoming email
> > (with "inventory" as subject) to a Perl script?
> >
> > Here's what doesn't work...
> >
> >       :0
> >       * ^Subject:.*inventory
> >       | /path/to/script.pl
> >
> > Pseudo-Perl is like this...
> >
> > while (<>) {
> >       $msg .= $_;
> >       }
> > process $msg;
>
> --
>  Andrew Sweger <andy at n2h2.com>   |  N2H2, Incorporated
>  Systems Architect               |  900 Fourth Avenue, Suite 3400
>  Advanced Technologies Division  |  Seattle WA 98164-1059
>  v=206.336.2947  f=206.336.1541  |  http://www.n2h2.com/

	3 Hats Design
	INTERNET  PRINT  ILLUSTRATION
	5201 15 Ave NW