SPUG: New, Improved Majordomo Filters!

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Sat May 6 11:55:31 CDT 2000

SPUGsters,

Compliments of "Riley" (wormwood at speakeasy.org), I've come to realize
that I as the maintainer of the spug-list am in control of the filtering
rules that have previously caused difficulties when subscribers tried to
post Perl "sub definitions", or use the word "subscribe".  (I thought
Perl Mongers HQ, owner of our majordomo service, would have to change
their /etc/majordomo.cf file, but not so!)

Accordingly, I've been re-writing the (Perl) filtering-rules for the
majordomo "config" file to be more suitable to Perl-istic discussions,
and am testing them today.  Unless you hear otherwise from me shortly,
you may henceforth assume that you are now free from the burden of
reworking "sub" as "Zub", reworking "subscribe to Perl Journal" as
"Zubscribe", etc.

Hooray, and thanks again to Riley!
| Tim Maher, PhD  Consultix &              (206) 781-UNIX/8649           |
|  Pacific Software Gurus, Inc             Email: tim at consultix-inc.com  |
|  UNIX/Linux & Perl Training              http://www.consultix-inc.com  |
| Classes; 5/16: UNIX  5/22: Basic Perl+Modules  6/12: Intermediate Perl |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org