SPUG: removing common words

Christopher Cavnor christopher at cavnor.com
Wed May 3 21:55:08 CDT 2000

Does anyone know of a module that can extract common words (aka "stop words") from a text file or scalar? Specifically, I want to parse something like:

"The foo that foo's it's foo is likely to foo time and time again"
to something like this -> "foo foo's foo likely foo time time again"

I searched CPAN, and was amazed not to find such a simple mod. Yes, I can wrote it myself - but it might take me more time than I want to invest to figure a nice breadth of stop words.

thnx