SPUG: web-based email

casey at haakenson.com casey at haakenson.com
Mon Jun 26 16:59:45 CDT 2000

It's not so much a particular feature that I'm looking for, it's usability.
 There are lots of packages out there that have the basic feature set
(admitedly, some better than others) but what all but the expensive ones
lack is usability.  Maybe it's because I'm a UI designer by day that I want
it to be more polished than most people.  I wish I had the time to
contribute to some of the GPL'd packages out there because they have all of
the core functionality already there.

On a side note, I wrote 75% of an email client about 2.5 years ago in Cold
Fusion and trust me, it is a lot harder than you can even imagine until you
really dig into it, unless you want to only have very basic functionality.
I was basing my model off of hotmail and it was extremely complex.
Especially in CF, I'm sure Perl could handle it better.

-Casey

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org