SPUG: CGI.pm and browser redirection

Christopher Cavnor chris at enthusiasm.com
Mon Jun 12 20:09:05 CDT 2000

I have a script that, using CGI.pm, prints stuff to a Web page and redirects
when finished. Simple right? but I can't get redirect to work. I know that it
is doe to the header that is printed via CGI.pm, because all is well if I
disable it. Problem is, I need it - so I was wondering if anyone knows a
work-around. Here is the setup:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use CGI::Carp qw/fatalsToBrowser/;
use CGI qw/:standard/;

my $html = new CGI;
print $html->header(-pragma=>'no-cache');
print $html->start_html;

print $html->p("stuff");

print $html->end_html();

#redirect to ananlysis page when finished
print $html->redirect(  -location=>'http://207.202.194.220/analysis.html' );

exit();

Tried end_html before and after the redirect - no diffy. Appreciate any help,
thanks!

Chris

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org