SPUG: slowing down a web form

jeff jeff at planetoid.net
Tue Jul 25 16:23:39 CDT 2000

What's a good technique (using cgi and perl/apache/mysql) to slow down
or control the number of times a form can be submitted per hour?

I need to throttle down a membership application page on a web site to
restrict the number of submissions or applications per hour to some
number.

I've heard that mod_simultaneous manages hit rates to web pages but I
haven't used it before. So...

Any ideas.

--
Jeff Saenz