SPUG: SPUG@cpan.org

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Sun Jul 16 10:01:16 CDT 2000

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 07:45:15AM -0700, highroad at zipcon.net wrote:
> I know why I haven't been showing up.  It was made clear that you would
> not be welcome at the meetings unless you read the applicable "Cookbook"
> chapter.  And in another post someone said that the "Cookbook" wasn't
> very good.  I was reluctant to read a book of questionable merit just to
> be able to go to the meetings.

You have this wrong.  For meetings in which Cookbook chapters were being
discussed, only, people were encouraged to read the associated chapter.
Such meetings accounted for only 5 of the last 27.  So why didn't you
attend the other 22? 8-}

> How about unlinking the "CookBook" from the meetings?

Unnecessary, as indicated above.

> Just my 3 cents (adjusted for inflation).
>
> Bob B.

| Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix       (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |
| Email: tim at consultix-inc.com        Web: http://www.consultix-inc.com  |
| CLASSES:  8/14: UNIX Fund.  8/21: Shell & Utilities  9/11: Perl + Mods |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org