SPUG: Does a class module support a method?

Andrew Sweger andy at n2h2.com
Wed Jan 26 16:17:58 CST 2000

On Jan 26, 2000 @ 2:49pm, Sanford Morton wrote:

> I have a module which creates an internal or private object from a
> class module. In my module, I can use can() to determine if the object
> supports certain methods.
>
> What can I do in the script which uses my module, but which does not
> routinely have access to the internal object, to determine if that
> private object supports certain methods?  Presumably, I cannot use
> can() in the script without creating a useless instance from the class
> module.

How about an instance method defined in your class that calls the can()
method on the private object hidden within your class. Your class's can()
would override UNIVERSAL::can() then. I know Damian would probably frown
at me and express serious doubts about my upbringing. Come on everybody,
let's do the can(can())!

> I hope to make the E-spug meeting tonight.

See you there.

--
  Andrew Sweger <andy at n2h2.com>  |  N2H2, Incorporated
  v=206.336.2947 f=206.336.1541  |  900 Fourth Avenue, Suite 3400

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org