SPUG: Change perl's libpth on the fly?

jimfl jimfl at colltech.com
Tue Jan 18 16:53:52 CST 2000

--On Tuesday, January 18, 2000 12:55 PM -0800 Ryan Erwin <ryan at erwin.org>
wrote:

     > My OpenBSD distro came with perl's libpth set to '/usr/lib'
     > instead of '/usr/lib /usr/local/lib' or something else that
     > would be useful ;)
     >
     > How can I change perl's libpth *without* rebuilding perl?
     > Is there some variable that I can set that will take care of
     > this?  Maybe some cool switch that I haven't seen.
     >
     > You can check the lib path on your system with 'perl -V'
     >
     > I can't run GD or and of those cool Term:: modules until
     > I get this libpth fixed so if anyone knows, please tell.

  Permanently and inviariantly, no.

  Within a script, you can say

    use lib "/usr/local/lib";

  And perl pays attention to the environment variable PERL5LIB, which you
  can set for all users in /etc/profile or the apropriate file for the
  shell(s) in use on your system. Set it to a colon-separated list of
  places to look in before looking at the compiled-in path.

--
Jim Flanagan          Collective Technologies
jimfl at colltech.com   http://www.colltech.com

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org