SPUG: Feb. Meeting: Non-Forking Servers

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Feb 14 23:53:10 CST 2000

		    FEBRUARY SPUG MEETING

SPUG, the Seattle Perl Users Group, will meet on February 15th
(3rd Tuesday) from 7-9pm, in the 5th floor meeting room of the
Union Bank of California Bldg. in downtown Seattle.

Phillip Neal (formerly of RealNetworks) will talk about his
experiments with "Non-Forking Servers".  Attendees should prepare
by reading pp. 628-632 of "The Perl Cookbook".

Admission is free and open to the general public.  Attendees are
encouraged to arrive at the building's 5th & Madison door by 6:45pm,
to meet their escorts.

Parking

Parking is available in an underground garage beneath the building,
at the price of $4 for the entire period from 4pm - 11pm. Additional
parking is available at other ground-level lots and on the street.

Pre-Meeting Gathering Place

Those arriving early to the downtown area are encouraged to gather
at the Rock Bottom brewpub, at 1333 5th Ave., (206) 623-3070, to
"prepare for the meeting".  Look for other SPUGers at the bar,
on your left as you enter.

For more information, including driving directions and street
addresses, see http://www.halcyon.com/spug/.

-Tim

P.S.  We still don't have a speaker or topic for the March meeting;
when this has happened in the past, I've saved the day by opting
to do the talk myself at the last minute, but I'll be in Australia
for that one, so somebody else had better volunteer!

|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.           Tel/Fax: (206) 781-UNIX    |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com    |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group   HTTP: www.halcyon.com/spug |

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org