SPUG: Beta Students Needed: DBI Class

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Fri Dec 1 23:11:45 CST 2000

SPUGsters,

We're planning to stage a "beta test" of a new "Database Programming
with Perl" course early next year, and we need some students who are
smart, capable of constructive criticism, and willing to overlook a
few rough spots to help us work out the bugs.  Our primary interest is
in identifying companies willing to host an offering of the course,
who can also provide at least 4 qualified students (see below).
A secondary interest is in finding individuals who would be interested
in participating, in case we hold an offering in a location open to
the public.  More details follow; hope that some of you can help us
with this project!

Anybody wanting to participate please get in touch with me:
	tim at consultix-inc.com

-Tim
*========================================================================*
| Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix       (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |
| Email: tim at consultix-inc.com        Web: http://www.consultix-inc.com  |
|Training- TIM MAHER: Unix, Perl  DAMIAN CONWAY: Adv. Perl, OOP, Parsing |
|12/12: UNIX  1/15: Perl/DBI  2/20: Data Munging;Perl  2/22: Adv. OO Perl|
*========================================================================*

  ** Database Programming with Perl; Need "Beta Testers"

The "Perl DBI approach" to database programming allows one to write
generic database-access programs that can interface with any of the
popular database management systems (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, etc.).
We'll have a new course on this subject in its initial form by
early January.  It's being written and presented by a local expert,
who has years of production-level Perl DBI experience with well-known
local high-tech companies.

But the first offering of any new course always gives a bumpy ride,
so we're looking for some help in testing it!  Accordingly, we're
trying to identify companies (perhaps as many as three) willing to have
us present this 2.5 day class at their facility, on their equipment,
and to their students, for a nominal fee.  Students would need to have
intermediate-level Perl skills, as provided in our "Intermediate Perl
Programming" course (http://www.consultix-inc.com/perl_int.html).

Interested parties please contact Tim Maher (tim at consultix-inc.com)
with information about what dates suit you (the weeks of 1/15 and
2/5 are currently available), how many students you'd provide, their
current Perl/DBI knowledge levels (a variety is best), and what brand
of database you can provide on the class system.

                   CONSULTIX ON-LINE RESOURCES

General Consultix information:
        http://www.consultix-inc.com/

On-Site training information: