SPUG: online cc software or mechanism?

marlin marlingreene at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 25 20:39:44 CDT 2000

Can anyone suggest software/services for credit card varification that
will run work smoothly with Perl/Linux?

I have several merchants with website catalogs who already have merchant
credit card accounts. They would like to speed up the process. Presently
we ship the web orders to them via email and they call in the credit card
for approval after the fact.

My take on how it would work is that our order scripts would send the vital
information about the card to a service that chases down the cardholder's
data and returns the results. Does this require software, or can it be done
by mail?

Would love to see a presentation at a user-group meeting about setting
this up.

Marlin

--
	3 Hats Design