SPUG: Teaching Materials?

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Fri Aug 11 13:38:59 CDT 2000

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 10:48:50AM -0700, James Munger wrote:

> I'll be teaching Perl basics to some programmers
> in our company in a week or so.  Are there some
> prefab teaching materials out there I could use
> for transparencies, handouts, etc?

There's quite a bit of free Perl-training stuff on the 'net,
some of which could be of some value, especially if you're
willing to add a lot of chalkboard scribbling to "add value"
to the weak parts.

For example, there's a company "down under" that allows downloads of
their course manuals from their web page:
	netizen.com.au/services/training

Some of these materials are okay, IMHO, so you might want to
check them out.

And, of course, when you get an actual budget to work with 8-}, remember
that there are those of us out here who did corporate-grade Perl training
professionally!

--
| Dr. Tim Maher, CEO, Consultix       (206) 781-UNIX/8649;  ask for FAX# |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org