SPUG: Core files.... (fwd)

Christopher Maujean ChrisM at courtlink.com
Wed Sep 29 14:12:39 CDT 1999

As it seems vanishingly likley that you will get any help here... :)
I will throw my .02$ in:

I get the same general problem and have just been dealing with it. (my
Perl/Tk scripts are not
of production importance)
However, if you find this an unbearable problem I would suggest:

Try acheiving the same functionality in a non pTk manner and see if that
eliminatates the core dumps.
If so, post the question to the Perl/Tk mailing list and perhaps Nick
Ing-Simmons (Perl/Tk author)
can tell you why its the fault of Perl/Tk, and not just Perl...

The pTk list is:

ptk at lists.stanford.edu

--Christopher
-----------------