SPUG: Meeting Venues/SPUG Bifurcation

Sean Ruddy Sean at DigiDot.com
Thu Oct 14 12:15:23 CDT 1999

*Just a thought*
Video conference?  The speakeasy has a screen and some people who use the
facility have a projector (but it is not the Speakeasy's projector so we would
have to talk them into it).  Then we would just need a video camera and a
laptop (with a proper video card) to complete the Speakeasy side of things
because they already have the ethernet connection.

I would imagine Lucent would already have all of these nifty toys in their
facility?

Any body on here from Real Networks want to pony up some bandwidth on one of
their servers as a demo so that if any one misses the meeting they could watch
it on their computer?

I have found these meetings to be very useful.  I spend 10-14 hours a day at
work and I ride my bike back and forth so getting off early to make the
meeting is hard enough.  I know I will not make it to the east side but would
regret missing the user group meeting.  I'm sure that many people on the East
side will miss the meetings downtown.  Splitting it up would mean that we
would need two speakers every month.  Alternating months would mean that many
of us would miss half.

This is a tech hurdle compromise.  With 250 techies we should be able to get
through this hurdle?