SPUG: Re: Speakeasy details

El JoPe Magnifico jope-spug at n2h2.com
Wed Oct 13 15:17:12 CDT 1999

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Dave Campbell wrote:
> I've never been to the Speakeasy, but a
> restaurant/bar/cafe (whatever it is) will certainly have ulterior
> motives in allowing a group to hold meetings there.  Will there be a one
> drink minimum?  Will we be bothered by noise or bother others?

Valid questions.  First, for details on the Speakeasy itself, see...

	http://www.speakeasy.net/sitemap.html
	http://www.speakeasy.net/cafe.html

They are a rather unique entity in Seattle, in that they are both
a cafe and full-scale Internet provider, and one of (if not the?)
oldest Internet cafe in town.

Second, the offer was to hold meetings in their backroom, where
they already regularly hold not-so-quiet events.  No drink minimum
was stipulated as part of the offer... although I suspect the
average post-meeting per-person consumption is >1 anyway.

BTW, I am in no way affiliated with Speakeasy, other than having
a neighbor who happens works there.  But he's a C++ programmer.
*the crowd recoils in horror*

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org