SPUG: Re: Hosting SPUG meetings (fwd)

Barry Sharp barry.sharp at boeing.com
Wed Oct 13 14:20:58 CDT 1999

Hey Tim,

I feel I must echo Devin's comments. I also consider myself one
of the 90% as you said who doesn't show up. As they say in the
Real Estate business -- location, location, location. I don't
live out so far as Devin (I'm in the Woodinville area) but it's
still a great hike into downtown Seattle. In fact I/we have an old
chicken barn located within my housing area which we collectively
own/maintain. It has a fireplace, easy seats, a piano, and a kitchen
facility and can easily seat 70-100 people and has sufficient parking
space all around. Anyhows, I hadn't mentioned this before now
because 1. It would cost about $50 per meeting and 2. It's NOT in
Seattle, and 3. I was just plain hesitant about mentioning it.

Could we assume that the 90% *might* show up if the location
was 'right'?

I certainly don't want to start a huge debate on this so
please simply accept my comments in support of what Devin
said so succinctly.

Incidentally, I enjoy reading all the Perl questions/solns as they
crop up over the weeks -- a very good forum in my mind.

Regards...

Barry Sharp
The Boeing Company
Share Service Group